Thursday, April 26, 2012

Praying Through Pre-Adoption Day 26


She said to him, "Pardon me, my lord.
As surely as you live, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the Lord.
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him."
~1Samuel 1:26-27

Two very exciting things are happening over the next several days:

1) The guys from Colin's church men's group are throwing us a garage sale! Friday through Sunday. We are so thrilled and humbled! We will be there Friday and Saturday, but Colin works Sunday, and I am playing harp for a memorial service that afternoon. My family has donated some items for our sale as well, and we are so grateful for that! We will also be bringing some jewelry, including our new Ugandan paper bead jewelry! So. Excited.

2) We have been eagerly filling out our adoption application through All God's Children. I have been waiting so hard for this big first step. Now that it is here, I want to dive in head first and get on that waiting list! May 1st is THE DAY. The day we will mail in our application, and God willing, begin our adoption process!

We have been praying so hard ever since we felt God calling us to adopt from Ethiopia. And, the small seed planted months and months and years ago is finally budding!

We feel your prayers, too!

Please pray along with us for our garage sale and the completion of our application!

Prayer: Jesus, thank you for calling us to adopt! Our faith has grown so much over the last several months. Please bless our garage sale fundraiser this weekend. May your will be done. Help us to complete our application properly. We praise You for growing our faith, and for growing our family!

1 comment:

  1. The garage sale sounds like a fabulous idea and what a nice gesture! :) happy paper filling out!! xo

    ReplyDelete