Friday, May 25, 2012

Our Contracts Are In the Mail!


Today was a big day for us!

We........

chose a home study agency
signed a bunch of paperwork, including our contracts
got this paperwork and our contracts notarized
and sent everything, along with our first big payment of $6390 off to All God's Children!

Once AGCI receives our paperwork, they are going to mail us our adoption planner and home study binder. We still have to officially apply to our home study agency, which we are hoping to complete this next week. Then we'll be rollin'!

Tomorrow, our sweet friends at Mama Z's Bakery in Waupaca are putting on a cook-out at their bakery for us! All the proceeds will go toward our adoption. We are so blessed that God placed them in our lives. They are going to be great aunties!

We stopped by to see them today, and we learned that community members have donated beautiful gift baskets and crafts to raffle off for us! Wow!

This is so special to Colin and me, this outpouring of selfless love from our small community. We don't have family nearby, but we have family right next door.

9 comments:

  1. We are adopting through an agency that places kids who are in the CPS/foster program. It is free to adopt through them which is the only way we can fathom doing this. Although I trust that God can work finances and whatever else is necessary.

    Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations as you begin this wonderful roller coaster journey! May the Lord bless you and the child ho is waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up with Caffeinated Randomness. I love meeting new people and hearing their stories. I am so excited for you and your husband. Getting ready for the kiddies is stressful in any situation. I know all about filling out forms and contacting agencies because of my boys diagnosis. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful!!! We're an adoptive family, too. Praying all goes well for the rest of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so exciting!! Thank you so much for linking up with Thankful Thursday! I look forward to following you on your adoption journey!! I will pray that all goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting!! I am glad to be partnering with you on this journey as you are obediently responding to God's calling. I can't wait to hear how it went at Mama Z's. What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I pray blessings on your family. Please feel free to link up at our Prayer Wall- I look forward to hearing more about this in the months to come.

    Blessings,
    Nicole- @ (the new) http://workingkansashomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just.Plain.AWESOME!!! :-)
    I still will email you about selecting my jewelry ... I just haven't had the time. :-(

    ReplyDelete