Wednesday, December 19, 2012

USCIS Fingerprinting

Today, Colin and I drove to Milwaukee to get fingerprinted! This is the second set of fingerprints needed for our adoption, and thankfully, the last thing on our list to do for paperwork. That is, until yearly homestudy updates are needed or other paperwork expires.
 
We had to go to the USCIS (United States Customs and Immigration Services) building. Quick and easy. We will receive paperwork in the mail shortly and then we will have to get a form notarized and sent off to AGCI in Oregon.
 
Since it is a 2+ hour drive to Milwaukee for us, we had to make the trip worthwhile, so of course we had to have lunch at Ethiopian Cottage Restaurant! It was a lovely time, sharing food of our child/ren's culture together. It will be exciting to bring our child/ren there someday.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!!! I just found your blog through your Etsy shop. WOW! What an amazing story so far. I will be following it! I will keep you in my prayers, even if I can't financially help just yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting closer! I'm so excited that you're in the waiting phase at this point!

    ReplyDelete