Sunday, December 23, 2012

I Heart Africa


I have two nieces and a nephew (and also a nephew on the way!) in Washington.
 
During our visit December 11-17th, my 8-year-old niece Mariesa made me the above bracelet. It is the sweetest gift! Her creation of the bracelet and the act of her giving it to me was completely unprompted by anybody.
 
She gets it!
 
Colin and I decided to gift Mariesa, her sister Natalie, and their brother Caleb with presents related to our Ethiopian adoption. We got them an Explore Ethiopia coloring book to share, zebra + monkey puppets, and an Ethiopian doll. It was fun and meaningful teaching them about Ethiopia and adoption.
 
They are excited for an Ethiopian cousin/s and want her/them here soon!
 
We do too.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to introduce these ideas to the next generation ahead of their cousin homecoming. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!!!!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete