Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Praying Through Pre-Adoption Day 18



I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened
in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you,
the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people.
~Ephesians 1:18

God has called everyone to help the less fortunate. We are called to show others that their life matters, that they have worth.

We often get caught up in our "needs" and what we "think" we need to make our lives worthwhile. What we forget is that Jesus came to free us from those selfish desires. Jesus instructed us to love our neighbors as ourselves.

What we need to remember is that we are called to always continue caring for each other. When we bring our children home, we need to continue praying for and advocating for the poor, the sick, and the heartbroken. It does not end with one act of love and compassion.

We are praying that the Lord opens our eyes and ears to those in need all across the world. From Africa to China to our workplaces in Wisconsin. At church, at the grocery store, and on every street corner.

"So I keep stopping and loving one person at a time. Because this is my call as a Christian. I can do only what one woman can do, but I will do what I can. Daily, the Jesus who wrecked my life enables me to do so much more than I ever thought possible."
~Katie Davis

Prayer: Jesus, open our eyes and hearts to your people in need. We want to serve you. Break our hearts for what breaks yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment