Friday, April 13, 2012

Praying Through Pre-Adoption Day 13


A new command I give you:
Love one another.
As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
By this, everyone will know that you are my disciples,
if you love one another.
~John 13:34-35

**I had jury duty this morning. Was not picked for the jury, though. Was not even questioned! Go figure--the wife of a police officer--who just so happens to be a co-worker of two key witnesses in the trial! Happy me. I got to leave after an hour and a half and spend the day at home. On to your regularly scheduled programming. If you are a new reader, or missed the memo, I am taking the 30 days of April to intentionally pray for a specific part of our adoption. It is helping me to focus on our Creator and trust in Him always!**

Jesus doesn't just ask that we love one another, He demands it.

I don't just want to love others, I want to love them well. Intentionally. Always.

There are so many facets of love...like a well-turned kaleidoscope. Endless painted pictures that sparkle in the Light. Colors of every shade--mingling, hugging tightly.

The silhouette of love can shade us when fears or tensions rise. It can wrap us in grace. In Truth.

My blog is titled With Love For Africa, and I suppose someday I must compose a post about why I have so much LOVE for Africa! Soon.

And, this LOVE we feel towards our children that likely have not even been born yet is incredible. Difficult to shape into words. Knowing that we cannot know when their souls are created is enough to spin our minds. But we loved them yesterday, we love them today, and we will love them tomorrow!

God has the ultimate plan for us. He LOVES us, and we are striving to LOVE Him and His people with all our might. We try to give our best love to each other, family, friends, you, strangers, near, far. We struggle. We fall short. We find grace. God picks us up, shows US love, and inspires us to love back, harder, mightier than before.

Prayer: Jesus, thank you for the ultimate love you displayed to the world, by joining us on earth, serving, teaching, caring, sacrificing, dying on the cross, rising in three days, and living in Spirit within us today. You love us so deeply--we will never know the extent of it during our days on earth. Perhaps it will be unveiled when we join You in Heaven. We enjoy the mystery of the magnitude of your love. It is always. It is forever. Help us to love You with all of our being! Help us to spread your love to others, never witholding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment