Monday, September 3, 2012

Happiness

In my daily planner, every month focuses on one word. September's word is:
 
HAPPINESS
 
Every day of the month has a bible verse about happiness! I think God knew I would need this during the whole month of September, as we wrap up our dossier and dream of the waiting list.
 
This was written in my planner:
 
Is happiness a passing emotion or a permanent state? The Bible says it can be both. There is happiness that reacts to happenings (which is temporary and volatile), and there is happiness that overrules happenings (which is strong and lasting). Happiness based on happenings is part of life, but if that is all we count on we have to keep feeding ourselves with events to keep us upbeat. Those who know the joy that comes from God don't need happenings to keep them happy. They know how to develop inner joy because they know that whatever happens, God offers hope and promise.
 
 I love this! Inner joy comes from God and God alone.
 
I will leave you with one of the first leaves of fall in Wisconsin:
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I have been studying contentment this year and find that it really does have to do with true joy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable that fall is almost here! And I love you sharing the words of Happiness from your planner! God lifts you up right when you need it. :-)

    ReplyDelete