Monday, August 20, 2012

Parallels of Adoption and Pregnancy


Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.
~2 Thessalonians 3:16

My sweet friend Jen has sensed my lack of peace in our adoption process. She sent me some very encouraging words relating to a post I wrote last week about the losses I will experience throughout our adoption. One of these losses is a physical pregnancy.

She wrote that in reading my blog, she saw many parallels with our adoption and pregnancy. She has allowed me to share some of her beautiful words with you:

There may not be morning sickness, but instead, a queasy feeling before each homestudy visit. Aches and pains are replaced by doubts and setbacks. Heartburn in pregnancy can be treated, but how can you ease the grief that there are so many orphans in need of a home? You aren't worrying that your baby is physically developing properly in the womb - you have a deep concern that they are being loved where they are right now. And your recovery period "after the birth" will include jet lag!

Thank you, Jen, for being a comforting friend. You live overseas, but I feel hugs through your words.

 It is God who arms me with strength
    and keeps my way secure.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he causes me to stand on the heights.
~2 Samuel 22:33-34

4 comments: