Monday, August 27, 2012

Love For Giraffes

 
I love giraffes. Perhaps it is for their peculiar shapes and lines. Perhaps it is for their purplish-black tongues--God made them this color to protect against sunburn! Perhaps it is for their skin pattern. Did you know that their skin pattern varies depending on which region of Africa they are from?
 
 
 
Months ago, Colin started talking about putting together a room for our child/ren. While part of my heart jumped for joy at the thought of planning a room, part of my heart was honest. It is too soon.
If we started a room, I think the emptiness would sadden me. So, we will wait.
 
But, while we wait, I will dream. Of sweet giraffes.
 
 



 
Giraffe bowls:
 




 
 




3 comments:

  1. I love your giraffe wish list! Hope you have a milestone in mind for when you think you might be ready to start turning it into a reality. Wishing you peace and the perfect balance of hoping, planning, acting and waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I adore giraffes also and am thinking of incorporating them into our little one's room too!! SO excited you found my blog and now I found yours :-)! We are also with AGCI!! I'm excited to follow your family's journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! My favorite is the backpack! So precious!!

    ReplyDelete