Potstickers and Dipping Sauce
Makes: 4 servings
For the Filling:For the sauce:
1/2 lb. ground pork or ground turkey
2 green onions, minced
2 Tbsps. minced canned bamboo shoots
1-1/2 tsp. minced ginger
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. soy sauce
1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
1 clove garlic
22 potsticker/wonton wrappers
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2/3 C water
6 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 C Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
1. Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Brown meat.
3. Add onions, garlic, bamboo, ginger, and pepper.
4. Combine cornstarch and soy sauce. Add to ground meat.
5. Put approximately 1 Tbsp filling on each wrapper. Brush sides of wrapper with water to seal edges.
6. On medium high heat in a fry pan, add the oil. Add 1/2 of potstickers. Cook to brown for 3 minutes or so. Add 2/3 C water to fry pan. They are done when the water has evaporated.
7. Make second batch and serve with dipping sauce!