Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Life Update

Where to start.....

I am struggling with what to make of my time with this blog--what to share about my family, to post pictures or to not. Should I make time to share anything at all during this season of my life?

My blog journey started with my experience with infertility, which became the start of our Ethiopian adoption, and now concurrently--the motherhood of my beautiful micro-preemie daughter, Caris.

About our adoption...we have been waiting about 1 1/2 years to adopt 1-2 girls from Ethiopia. Our agency, AGCI, has told us to expect a 4-6 year wait for a referral. So, that takes us to 2 1/2-4 1/2 more years, which could decrease or increase in the future. A lot is being done in Ethiopia to change the adoption process, and many families have chosen to leave the Ethiopia program to adopt from another country, due to the uncertainties that lie ahead. We have chosen to wait for as many years as we need to--we feel whole-heartedly led to Ethiopia. Our hearts have been there this entire time. There are so many children that need homes--we pray ethical changes are made so children can have families, and families can share their love with children. So, we wait in hopeful anticipation of adding to our family.

And my sweetheart, Caris. She is 7 months old. Because she was born 14 weeks too early, she is about 4 months old adjusted (physically and developmentally). She is doing amazingly well. Such a strong girl! So pretty. So smiley. Love her so much.




Colin and I are doing well! We are in love with parenthood. Colin is working hard as a police officer in our town, and I am very blessed to be able to stay home with our miracle girl.

A friend recently asked, "So, what do you do for fun?"....well, I am a mama! 24/7. Caris is my sunshine. Caris is my fun!

The weather is finally beginning to be warm enough for getting outside with Caris on stroller rides and such. I am so thankful for warm days. We have been cooped up during flu/winter season, and I know we both need some fresh air, for sure.

So, I leave you with these bits and pieces of my life lately. What are your bits and pieces lately?

I desire to get back to really writing someday. I am just not yet sure if that someday is near or far. And I believe that is okay. Someday!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you updated! I've been thinking about you guys and your lovely Caris. What a big girl she is getting to be! I'm
    Thrilled to hear she is doing so well. :) I look forward to more updates in the near future and I will of course send you the blog info when I get it sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to read your update! Caris is just precious and getting so very big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you! Hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete