Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lord, I Need You

There is a song that has been floating around in my car and in my mind lately. It is called Lord, I Need You. Matt Maher sings about falling apart and finding grace and hope through God. It is a song about needing God.
 
I don't know about you, but I need God.
 
He is truly my strength when I fall apart. And fall apart, I do.
 
When the future is a mystery--what city we will move to, what first house we will purchase, what job I will find, what church we will call our home, when we will see our child's face for the first time, when she will come home--it is easy for me to melt down. Just ask Colin. :)
 
I need God to know that my future is in His hands.
My future is already planned!
God's future for me is better than my future for me.
 
So, on those days when I do fall to pieces, I need to fall into the arms of the One who is Holy. He is the only one who can provide ultimate comfort and guidance. I need You Lord, oh, how I need You.
 

Lord, I Need You ~Matt Maher feat. Audrey Assad

Lord I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart

CHORUS:
Lord, I need you
Oh I need you
Every hour I need you
My one defense
My righteousness
Oh God how I need you

Where sin runs deep
Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
Where You are Lord I am free
Holiness is Christ in me
Chorus

So teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus, You're my hope and stay
Chorus


No comments:

Post a Comment