Wednesday, January 9, 2013

6 Unforgettable Years

 
 
Mr. Colin and I had our 6 year wedding anniversary on Sunday, January 6th.
 
6 years. With my best friend. It has been bliss.
 
Sure, there has been an argument here and there. But at the end of the day, I know we are forever. My trust lies in him, and my trust lies in God, who brought the two of us together.
 
I mean, seriously, why else would God have taken a boy from Washington and a girl from Wisconsin and had them meet online when they were just 18 years old?  
 
Fact: "Our" song that we danced to at our wedding dance is Unforgettable by Nat King Cole.
 
Unforgettable
That's what you are,
Unforgettable
Tho' near or far.

Like a song of love that clings to me,
How the thought of you does things to me.
Never before
Has someone been more...

Unforgettable
In every way,
And forever more
That's how you'll stay.

That's why, darling, it's incredible
That someone so unforgettable
Thinks that I am
Unforgettable, too.
 
To celebrate, Colin brought me to Nutcracker in the Castle at The Paine Art Center and Gardens in Oshkosh. This wasn't a full production of The Nutcracker ballet, but rather, it was a guided tour through a castle that tells part of the story of The Nutcracker. In the castle were many nutcrackers on display--it is amazing how many varieties there are! Towards the end of the tour, children performed ballet for us. It was beautiful! I have never been to a ballet, but now I really want to see The Nutcracker!
 
Blogger is not letting me upload pictures--I will post some when I am able, and then let you know.
 
Afterwards, Colin took me wine + cheese tasting. A fantastic day with an unforgettable man.
 
Past anniversary posts:
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 6 wonderful years! I hope you get to see the Nutcracker, it's beautiful and so much fun. Maybe one day there will be a ballerina or two in your family : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy six years my friend! You have a beautiful future ahead of you. Sounds like you two had a lovely day together. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete