The following recipe is my favorite to make for breakfasts. It is so fresh and tasty. Measurements may be varied based on your preferences. This combination of ingredients will be sure to please a hungry belly.
2 Tbsp butter
2 green onions, chopped
Small red pepper, diced
Small yellow pepper, diced
1/3 C ham, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
Handfull fresh spinach, chopped
Turn oven on broil.
1) Melt butter in skillet on medium heat.
2) Add green onions, peppers and ham. Saute until cooked, about 5 minutes.
3) Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4) Pour egg mixture in saute pan. Add spinach. Stir.
5) Add feta to top.
6) Let cook until just top is left to cook. Broil in oven until top is done and egg just begins to brown. (This should be done in same skillet...if your handles are not metal and may melt in heat, cover them with tin foil.)
7) Serve with bacon brushed with maple syrup about 5 minutes before being done and enjoy!
I like to cook my bacon in a 400 degree oven. I put thick-cut bacon on cookie racks over a pan covered in tin foil if you don't want the mess of grease. Usually after about 15-20 minutes, they are ready to be brushed with syrup and cooked for 5 more minutes. So good!
What is your favorite breakfast to serve?